6/30/09

Sandi's Cavatelli with Escarole and Proscuitto

1 bunch escarole chopped coarsly
EVOO( your discretion, I tend to overdue the oil 1/4 cup)
3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
4 slices proscuitto chopped
1 lb cavatelli
1 large can cannellini beans drained
1-2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Saute garlic in EVOO till fragrant
saute proscuitto till almost crispy, put in escarole, beans, salt and pepper continue to saute till escarole is soft.
pour in chicken broth 1 cup at a time, let cook until reduced slightly. If you want a little more sauce keep adding chicken broth till its the consistency you like.
Meanwhile boil cavatelli and drani when al dente. Toss together pasta and sauce. you can at this point throw a splash of more evoo inn whil you toss it to give a little freshness.
This recipe was given to me by the owner of a Pizzareria in Melville, LI 10 years ago. I didn't write it down at the time so I may have defered from the original somewhat. So you might need to adjust to your taste. I always get raves when I make it though

No comments:

Post a Comment