The favorite dessert of Italian restaurants can easily be made in your own home with this easy version.
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:4 hr 30 min
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons light rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, (12 ladyfingers)
1/2 cup cold prepared espresso or strong coffee
2 teaspoons baking cocoa
1. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in rum on low speed; set aside.
2. Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
3. Split ladyfingers horizontally in half. Arrange half of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, on bottom of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches, or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the espresso over ladyfingers. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
4. Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut sides up, on cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup espresso. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
5. Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top. Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until filling is firm. Store covered in refrigerator.
1 Serving: Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 160 ); Total Fat 18 g (Saturated Fat 11 g); Cholesterol 60 mg; Sodium 115 mg; Total Carbohydrate 17 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 3 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 12 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4 %; Iron 4