- 1 lb. chicken breast, skinned, bonned, and cut in thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion cut in thick slices
- 2 tomatoes cut in thick slices
- 1 seeded and ribbed aji amarillo chili pepper cut in thin slices (you can substitute with 1 tablespoon of aji amarillo paste, or with any chili pepper you can find)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups French fries
- White rice as a side dish
- Season the chicken stripes with salt and pepper.
- Put a wok or a pan over very high heat. When it is smoking, add the oil, let smoke again, add and saute the chicken, a few slices at a time so they don't steam but remain golden instead (about 10 minutes, depending on how strong the flame is).
- In a home stove it´s almost impossible to get that kind of heat, besides, the fire alarm will alert the Firefighters and all the experience will be a mess.
- Add garlic, onion, tomato, chili pepper, and stir for a couple of minutes. Add the soy sauce and vinegar on the sides of the pan and mix everything. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Take off the heat, add chopped cilantro and serve at once with French fries and white rice.