This cake is very much like the famous "Cinnabons" you buy in the mall! Just missing the icing!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegatable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(optional: I added some crushed walnuts into the cinnamon sugar crumble that goes on the top)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender to the size of small peas.
3. In a separate small bowl, beat the egg well, then stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the egg-milk mixture to the flour mixture all at once. Stir carefully until just blended.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Drizzle top with melted butter.
5. In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Sprinkle on top of cake. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to
20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.