Serves: 8 portions
• 4 skirt steaks, trimmed, cut in half crosswise to yield 8 portions
• Sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Oil spray
• 4 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 6 cloves garlic
• 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• Salt and fresh-ground pepper
• 1 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Grilled skirt steak
Rub, salt and pepper and onion powder on steaks. Sprinkle with vinegar and brush with olive oil. Grill to taste. Drizzle chimichurri sauce (see below) over it.
Pulse parsley and garlic in processor until fine, and scrape out into a bowl. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar and check for seasoning. Add optional red pepper flakes for a spicy chimichurri.