12/15/13

Turkey (or Chicken) Pot Pies




Picture and recipe courtesy of: Karen Dirgins-Graves

Ingredients:
 
 6 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp flour
2 cups turkey or chicken broth
substitution - throw a couple of bouillon cubes in hot water
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp pepper
Salt – to taste – a pinch, a couple of shakes, it's up to you Salty McSalterson
4 cups cooked turkey (or chicken), cut into large chunks
12 small white onions, cooked
substitution – 2 regular onions, raw and diced
¾ cup peas, cooked
substitution -3/4 cup peas, frozen
I also diced up some raw carrots too.
Directions:

Preheat oven to 425*F. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour, and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the broth, cream, pepper, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Then I threw everything else in and stirred it up and set it to the side while I got the pie crusts ready.
This recipe called for making one 9” pie. I made 8, 4” mini pies. I used 2 boxes(4 crusts) of Pillsbury ready made refrigerated pie crusts. I had left over filling.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment