Circles of golden, flaky Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry surround a delicious filling made with almonds, sugar, butter, orange zest and vanilla extract to make a spectacular dessert."
1 cup sliced blanched almonds
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated orange zest 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (17.3 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm®
Puff Pastry Sheets
1 teaspoon water
1. Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're
easy to handle. Heat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment
2. Place the almonds, sugar, butter, 1 egg, orange zest and vanilla extract
into a food processor. Cover and blend until the almond mixture is a smooth
3. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet
into an 11-inch square. Cut the pastry into a 10-inch circle using a 10-inch
cake pan. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
4. Place 1 pastry circle onto the baking sheet. Spread the almond mixture on
the pastry circle to within 1-inch of the edge. Beat the remaining egg and
the water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Brush the edge of the pastry
circle with the egg mixture. Place the remaining pastry circle on top of the
almond mixture. Crimp the edges of the circles together with a fork.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Sprinkle with the